Easy Ziti Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake
Sort By :
Wonderful! I used 1 lb if meat and doubled the sauce. Used 16 oz of pasta! Made a large casserole with rave reviews!
I am so glad I picked this recipe to try out! I followed the recipe exactly (except that my ingredients ended up being what the package size was 16 oz pasta, 32 oz sauce, 1.34 lb hamburger). I am glad I had the extra few ounces of sauce. Next time I will add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes because that's what we like. Definitely a keeper.
This is so good and easy. I'm going to start making it for my service organization....they will love it!!! This is one of my husband and I's favorites!
Loved this! Was quick and easy and my 3 kids loved it too. The only thing I did differently was add in 2 layers of zuchinni for a veggie :)