Easy Ziti Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Ziti Bake(35)
Sort By :
Very good. I used cottage cheese in stead of ricotta.
We really enjoyed it for dinner! The recipe makes a lot and I froze half of the meal to bake later.
Easy and tasty.
Perhaps we could make it a bit more healthier by using skim Mozzarella cheese, lean ground turkey, low fat ricotta cheese, low sodium Spaghetti sauce, and 2 egg whites and only one whole egg. Even with this makeover, it is still very good!
We had this for dinner tonight & it was delicious. I did put in a pound of sweet Italian turkey sausage along with a lb of ground turkey. Then I added another 1/2 jar of sauce. We thoroughly enjoyed this Ziti :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Ziti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >