- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg, oil, salt, yeast mixture and 4 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide and shape each portion into 12 balls. Roll each ball into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
"I had not made a bread recipe that required kneading in over 10 years thanks to the invention of the bread machine. I was in the mood to try it the "old fashioned" way and tried this recipe. These rolls are delicious and very easy!"
"So E-Z to make, & so good!!! I'm making them again tonite!!!Linda Kennedy Swafford, Alabama"
"These rolls are light in texture and have a good flavor, but the dough is not easy to work with. I put 6 1/2 cups of flour in the mix and used more to knead with. I made plain rolls as the dough was too sticky to make ropes, and difficult to portion out for a roll. Because of this I only got 33 rolls. I will try the recipe again and hope for better results with the dough.The recipe was easy to mix up, just difficult to make the finished roll."
"Really easy and really good !! I threw these together in no time flat and used the EXACT recipe. They turned out wonderful ! THIS is the recipe I will be using every time now...."
"These rolls are so easy to make, and they are light, tender and delicious! Plus the recipe makes 4 dozen rolls that are the perfect size for dinner rolls. I put a little butter on the tops when they came out of the oven - mmmm!! Will be freezing them today to serve for Thanksgiving!"