- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg, oil, salt, yeast mixture and 4 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide and shape each portion into 12 balls. Roll each ball into an 8-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Yeast Rolls
Sort By :
Newbaker8730, the recipe states combine the yeast mixture to your dry ingredients. It also says 6 1/2 cups flour. If your water was too hot or you over worked your dough, you may have added too much flour. I just tried the recipe and it was fine!
Incomplete recipe. What are you supposed to do with the yeast and water? Are you supposed to combine it with the flour mixture? When I did this, guessing of course the mixture was like cake batter runny, not thick like the recipe says. I ended up using about 8 cups of flour. Is this right? No pictures to see what the dough is supposed to look like. So far I am far from satisfied. You really need to have someone proofread your recipes and actually try them out Exactly as written !
Amazing! Easy to make and the rolls are wonderful.
Perfect! I make these all the time, using honey instead of sugar, and 1/2 whole wheat flour.
Perfect! These were light and fluffy and had a great taste!! Will be making these A LOT more!