This appealing recipe puts a healthy spin on classic Waldorf salad. Crunchy apples, celery and pecans, juicy pineapples and chewy raisins are dressed with reduced-fat mayonnaise and sour cream. Janice Smith of Cynthiana, Kentucky suggests serving the salad in a lettuce-lined bowl.
- 4 cups cubed apples
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and orange juice. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Toss just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Waldorf and Raisin Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p20
Reviews for Easy Waldorf and Raisin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2010
"This salad was a hit at the church social. It's was easy to make and a joy to eat."