"While the meat is browning, I chop the vegetables for both the sandwich and the Easy Veggie Salad," she says. "If I'm especially short on time, I'll buy sliced vegetables from the salad bar at the grocery store. "The light, flavorful dressing whisks together in a snap and tastes better than bottled dressing. Since this recipe makes a lot, we can enjoy the salad the next day, too.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, carrots, green pepper and radishes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers up to 2 days. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Easy Veggie Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p21
Reviews for Easy Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review