Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe
We like to eat this tasty soup with tortilla chips. Canned tomatoes and beans and frozen vegetables give you a head start when preparing this recipe. - Jan Sharp, Blue Springs, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, beans, broth, taco seasoning and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC