Easy Vegetable Soup
We like to eat this tasty soup with tortilla chips. Canned tomatoes and beans and frozen vegetables give you a head start when preparing this recipe. - Jan Sharp, Blue Springs, Missouri
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, beans,
- broth, taco seasoning and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese if desired.
- Yield: 10-12 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.