Bursting with garden favorites, this lasagna is a vegetable lover's dream. The pasta layers are generously stuffed with roasted zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onion in homemade tomato sauce. —Susanne Ebersol, Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ROASTED VEGETABLES:
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato puree, sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, 1-3/4 cups sauce, and half of the roasted vegetables and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Lasagna in Country Woman October/November 2008, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Vegetable Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review