Easy Vegetable Casserole
This hearty dish combines chicken and an assortment of vegetables. It can be put together in a snap...a real plus for any busy cook.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces frozen small onions, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a bowl, combine chicken, onions, mixed vegetables, mushrooms, soup
- and thyme. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle
- with chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.