Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes
Letting all the flavors combine in the slow cooker is the key to these mildly sweet sloppy joes. This recipe is sure to be a keeper, and since it calls for turkey, you can feel good about serving it to your family. —Lisa Ann DiNunzio, Vineland, New Jersey
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the
- turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, sloppy joe mix and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until flavors are blended.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 304 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.