Letting all the flavors combine in the slow cooker is the key to these mildly sweet sloppy joes. This recipe is sure to be a keeper, and since it calls for turkey, you can feel good about serving it to your family. —Lisa Ann DiNunzio, Vineland, New Jersey
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, sloppy joe mix and brown sugar. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until flavors are blended. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sloppy Joes in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p63
Reviews for Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review