Easy Turkey Schnitzel Recipe
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound turkey slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place the milk, flour, eggs and bread crumbs in four separate shallow bowls. Dip turkey slices into milk, then coat with flour. Dip into eggs and coat with bread crumbs. Place on waxed paper; let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown turkey over medium-high heat in butter and oil for 2 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Letting the breaded cutlets stand for 5-10 minutes helps the coating stay on during cooking.
1/4 pound: 424 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.