Easy Turkey Noodle Soup
Homemade taste makes this chunky soup, priced at 94¢ per serving, a favorite of Elaine Bickford's. "We enjoy it with hot bread in winter and with salad in summer," she relates from Las Vegas, Nevada.
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1-3/4 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen egg noodles
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, carrots, onion and
- celery to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or
- until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the noodles. Simmer,
- uncovered for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in turkey and peas. Combine gravy mixes and cold water until
- smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Yield: 7 servings.