Easy Turkey Gravy
Just a few ingredients add up to this tasty gravy that even beginning gravy makers won't have trouble with. And, it has great flavor, too! Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pour turkey drippings into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4
- cup; set aside. Add enough broth or water to the drippings to
- measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pepper and browning
- sauce if desired. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 33 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.