- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the spinach, vinegar and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
My whole family loves this soup. My daughter found this recipe and it is one of her favorites. It is very filling, and is one meal my meat loving husband eats and doesn't miss the meat. My son's vegetarian girlfriend loves it too, although for her, I use vegetable broth instead of chicken.
I agree with the other reviews that it could use more liquid and I would put in a little less of the balsamic vinegar. It was too strong in my opinion. Otherwise, it was very simple to make and seems to be a healthy soup.
I have made this recipe several times and I'm never disappointed ! This is better than restaurant quality, and super easy to make.