Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the spinach, vinegar and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Tortellini Soup(24)
Sort By :
I agree with the other reviews that it could use more liquid and I would put in a little less of the balsamic vinegar. It was too strong in my opinion. Otherwise, it was very simple to make and seems to be a healthy soup.
I have made this recipe several times and I'm never disappointed ! This is better than restaurant quality, and super easy to make.
This was really good. Tastes very "homemade" considering how easy it is!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >