Easy Tomato Bisque
A bowl brimming with this fresh creamy soup is sure to impress Mom. With its outstanding flavor, she'll think you fussed for hours!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in
- flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth. Stir in tomato
- paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil.) Garnish with
- chopped tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 134 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.