I came up with this recipe one day when avocados were on sale at the market. It's a nice change from a lettuce salad, plus it's quick to make.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add avocado and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Avocado Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p62
Reviews for Easy Tomato Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2014
"We like to add crushed Doritos on top..a real family fave!"