Easy-to-Stuff Manicotti Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 14 pieces string cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread half of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese. Place over meat sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 468 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 999 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.