Easy Texas BBQ Brisket Recipe
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 fresh beef briskets (3-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a fork or sharp knife, prick holes in briskets. Rub meat with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to . 325°Place briskets, fat sides up, in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- 3. Cover tightly with foil; bake 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Let stand in juices 15 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from pan juices; spoon over meat. Yield: 10 servings.
6 ounces cooked beef with about 2 tablespoons juices: 456 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 66g protein.
Reviews for Easy Texas BBQ Brisket
"Amazing recipe! Lots of flavor!"
"My family loved this! Even my 4 year old granddaughter!!"
"I modified the recipe by cooking it on a gas grill with indirect heat for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. My husband's comment was "this tastes like it's from a restaurant!" Mission accomplished."