- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 fresh beef briskets (3-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a fork or sharp knife, prick holes in briskets. Rub meat with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to . 325°Place briskets, fat sides up, in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Let stand in juices 15 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from pan juices; spoon over meat. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Texas BBQ Brisket
Sort By :
"My family loved this! Even my 4 year old granddaughter!!"
"I modified the recipe by cooking it on a gas grill with indirect heat for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. My husband's comment was "this tastes like it's from a restaurant!" Mission accomplished."