Easy Tex-Mex Rice Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, rotating once. Stir; microwave 1-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 20-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4-5 servings.
3/4 cup: 292 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Easy Tex-Mex Rice
"This was very good, which surprised me a little, based on the limited number of ingredients. Next time I might throw in some taco meat to make it a full meal but this was very good on its own. My own picky eaters gave it a thumbs-up! I will definitely be using this recipe again."
"This is a really easy and good side dish to serve with a southwestern or Mexican meal. I bought Uncle Ben's Brown rice that is precooked so it was even easier. I halved the recipe but it needed more rice so I used 2 cups and it was perfect."