My daughter shared this satisfying rice recipe with me. It's appealing to the eye as well as the taste buds.—Margaret Blair, Lorimor, Iowa
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, rotating once. Stir; microwave 1-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 20-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Easy Tex-Mex Rice in Country Woman May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Easy Tex-Mex Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review