Easy Tangy Coleslaw
You won't have to fuss with a lot of seasonings to fix this tangy coleslaw from Denise Augostine. "This speedy salad is an old family favorite," remarks the Saxonburg, Pennsylvania cook. "We've shared the recipe with many friends over the years."
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over cabbage mixture
- and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.