Easy Taco Pie Recipe
This is a great recipe to serve for a casual meal! Everybody likes the Mexican-style dish, and it is so easy to prepare. —Betty Reuter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups corn chips, crushed, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, water and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form crust; seal perforations. Sprinkle half the corn chips over crust. Spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; top with remaining chips.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve topped with lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC