Easy Taco Casserole Recipe
Your family is sure to enjoy this mildly spicy one-dish meal with Southwestern flair. It's quick and easy to make and fun to serve. -Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- 2. In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 514 calories, 38 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC