Easy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
"I've been preparing this glazed pecan-topped pie for so long that I can't recall when I came across the combination of ingredients my family liked best," relates Anita Ammerman of Albemarle, North Carolina. "It always draws lots of compliments."
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 498 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC