- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"I created an account just to comment that this is recipe is amazing! Sweet Potato pie is my all time favorite, and I've tried several recipes that have disappointed. None of them were ever this simple and straight forward, or tasty!"
"I woke up today wanting a sweet potato pie, but due to having a medical procedure done a few days ago I needed something easy. Tried this pie and loved it. It is much better than my usual recipe. This is now my go to recipe. Delicious!! Thanks for sharing recipe."
"Excellent pie. It's easy to make and so yummy."
"This is one of the best Sweet Potato pies I have ever eaten. This will be on my menu every holiday and probably when it is not a holiday, I like it that much."