Easy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
"I've been preparing this glazed pecan-topped pie for so long that I can't recall when I came across the combination of ingredients my family liked best," relates Anita Ammerman of Albemarle, North Carolina. "It always draws lots of compliments."
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pie in Quick Cooking December 2000, p17
Reviews for Easy Sweet Potato Pie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review