Easy Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pie in Quick Cooking December 2000, p17
Reviews for Easy Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013
Excellent pie. It's easy to make and so yummy.
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2012
This is one of the best Sweet Potato pies I have ever eaten. This will be on my menu every holiday and probably when it is not a holiday, I like it that much.