It only takes five ingredients to create this sweet potato side dish. I find it's a great way to free up my oven for other dishes. The recipe is on the sweet side, and the granola adds extra crunch.
Recommended: Traditional Thanksgiving
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup peach pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins, optional
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Toss with salt and pepper. Top with pie filling and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with granola if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p83
Reviews for Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review