Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juices, liquid drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1. Combine 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice with water, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- 2. In a skillet or wok, heat oil on high. Stir-fry pork until it is no longer pink. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add carrots and onion; continue to stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Add pepper, snow peas, pineapple and soy sauce mixture that has been stirred. Cook until sauce thickens. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 16g fat (0g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Easy Sweet and Sour Pork
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.