This is a quick-and-easy recipe - and it comes in mighty handy at the end of a busy work day! I enjoy collecting cookbooks and am always looking for new ideas. I found this one in a magazine, and my family really liked it.
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juices, liquid drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- Combine 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice with water, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil on high. Stir-fry pork until it is no longer pink. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add carrots and onion; continue to stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Add pepper, snow peas, pineapple and soy sauce mixture that has been stirred. Cook until sauce thickens. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Pork in Country Extra May 1991, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Sweet and Sour Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review