The already prepared meatballs make it very easy and quick to put a supper together. You can use your own meatballs you prepared or store-bought.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs, green pepper and juice mixture until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cold water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple to the pan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p8
Reviews forEasy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
"This was super easy and excellent tasting. My husband loved it."