Easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs, green pepper and juice mixture until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cold water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple to the pan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs(4)
Sort By :
My son and I love this recipe, there is never any leftovers. I make homemade meatballs and cook them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, and then add them to the simmering sauce, we like this served over noodles with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
This was super easy and excellent tasting. My husband loved it.
So yummy....I add red onion and different color s of bell peppers-very pretty.