Easy Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs, about 24.
- Place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high or 7-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and nutmeg if desired; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Swedish Meatballs
Sort By :
Made this tonight with a few changes due to the fact I have had gastric bypass surgery and can't have a lot of fat in my diet, but I wanted flavor. I saw a few reviews used dry onion soup mix so i did that as well as used some Worcestershire sauce, Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese and omitted the onions. I cooked for 7 1/2 minutes but I should have checked after 5 they are a bit over done and tough. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and added cardamom instead of nutmeg. I also did not add salt because of the salt in the two soups. I really like it and it is a change of pace from my boring soft food diet.
I loved it! So did my little dog. I gave her a meatball and she gobbled it up. I cooked them in the oven, like someone suggested in the reviews and added a dry onion soup mix to the sauce ingredients. It was a little too oniony, so next time I will only use half the package of dry onion soup. Then it should be perfect. And easy...so easy.
The recipe was very simple and I really had everything I needed without paying a visit to the market. I used ground Turkey and added a package of Lipton Beefy onion soup. It was delicious!!
Really easy- like everyone else has said it could use a little seasoning.
Very good... I added a bit more seasoning to the meatballs and the sauce but all around very very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >