- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs, about 24.
- Place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high or 7-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and nutmeg if desired; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Swedish Meatballs
"Quick, easy, delicious! Our boys loved it, even though they don't like mushrooms, soup, or sour cream individually. I did it by partially baking the meatballs in the oven, and letting the meatballs finish cooking the sauce on the stove."
"Great basic recipe! I added a dash of nutmeg to the meatballs and I cooked them on the stove till brown. Put them into a 8x8 baking dish and poured the sauce on top. To the sauce I added 1/2 cup or so of sliced baby bella mushrooms and a splash of dry sherry, and a little more sour cream. Baked till sauce was bubbling. served over rice! Delish!! :)"
"I was looking for a simple Swedish meatball recipe to use for supper and this was the winner! However, I did not make this in the microwave. I cooked the meatballs on the stove first and then added the sauce to the meatballs once they were fully cooked. (About 15 minutes) Then I let the sauce and meatballs simmer for around 10 minutes. This recipe was very flavorful and delicious! I am definitely going to make these more often."
"What an easy recipe to make. It came out wonderful and was so easy to make. Since many of the reveiws mentioned that it needed more seasonings, I used Italian Bread Crumbs and added 1 minced garlic clove. Be sure to cut the onions very small. For convenience, I made the meatballs and sauce earlier in the day and stored them in the fridge. At supper I took them out and followed the cooking directions. Most of the process was done while the noodles cooked, using a minimum of pans. This was the easiest recipe I found and it works and tastes great."
"Made this tonight with a few changes due to the fact I have had gastric bypass surgery and can't have a lot of fat in my diet, but I wanted flavor. I saw a few reviews used dry onion soup mix so i did that as well as used some Worcestershire sauce, Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese and omitted the onions. I cooked for 7 1/2 minutes but I should have checked after 5 they are a bit over done and tough. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and added cardamom instead of nutmeg. I also did not add salt because of the salt in the two soups. I really like it and it is a change of pace from my boring soft food diet."