"This recipe relies on ingredients we always have on hand and doesn't dirty many dishes," reports Sheryl Ludeman of Kenosha, Wisconsin. "While the tender meatballs cook in the microwave, boil the noodles on the stovetop to get this saucy entree on the table in minutes," she suggests.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs, about 24.
- Place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high or 7-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and nutmeg if desired; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swedish Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p51
Reviews for Easy Swedish Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review