Easy Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. meatballs, about 24.
- Place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high or 7-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, parsley and nutmeg if desired; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Swedish Meatballs(8)
Sort By :
I loved it! So did my little dog. I gave her a meatball and she gobbled it up. I cooked them in the oven, like someone suggested in the reviews and added a dry onion soup mix to the sauce ingredients. It was a little too oniony, so next time I will only use half the package of dry onion soup. Then it should be perfect. And easy...so easy.
The recipe was very simple and I really had everything I needed without paying a visit to the market. I used ground Turkey and added a package of Lipton Beefy onion soup. It was delicious!!
Really easy- like everyone else has said it could use a little seasoning.
Very good... I added a bit more seasoning to the meatballs and the sauce but all around very very good!
Actually, found this recipe a number of years ago and have made it often. Because of the ease and the final taste of these meatballs I'd have to say it's a winner. Have made only the meatballs with sauce and taken to parties as an appetizer and have gotten rave reviews for it. Try it....you'll love it !
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >