Easy Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Easy Stuffed Shells
Sort By :
An easy and quick recipe that my family really enjoyed. I added more cheese to make sure all of the pasta was covered prior to baking. We will definitely make this dish again - especially on busy weeknights!
I loved this recipe and so did my family. It was quick and easy. I used turkey meatballs and also sprinkled some thawed frozen spinach on it. Will definitely make again. Having school start up and needing quick weekday meals, this recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. It has been a go-to dish in our house for two years now . I slightly brown the meatballs before stuffing the shells. I believe it helps keep the meatballs from getting 'soggy'. I've also tried putting some of the cheese under the meatball in the shell. Overall, I love, love, love this dish!
Well, I love 5 ingredient recipes like this, and my family liked it. Just two suggestions to improve it: next time I will put about a tablespoon of Ricotta in each shell and nestle the meatballs in it. Also, the parts of my shells which were not covered by sauce got overcooked - I don't think you need to cook it as long as the recipe calls for, and I won't uncover it next time. Definitely, using your own best meatball recipe will elevate the quality of the dish. But for sheer convenience, I plan to keep shells, sauce + frozen meatballs on hand to make this on busy nights.
This recipe is simple and fast. I wasn't a huge fan of the frozen meatballs though, my personal taste preference I guess. I might try the exact same recipe but with homemade meatballs though.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >