Easy Stuffed Shells
I put this recipe together one day when we had unexpected guests. It was an immediate hit and is now a family favorite. Get the kids involved when putting together this simple, savory dish. —Dolores Betchner, Cudahy, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta shells according to package
- directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each
- shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce
- and cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until
- bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 stuffed shells equals 334 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now