Easy Strawberry Napoleons Recipe
Layers of light, flaky pastry sandwich creamy vanilla filling and fresh strawberries. This easily-assembled dessert looks like you fussed for hours!—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold thawed puff pastry on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into nine squares. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla; set aside. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in whipped topping and until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. To assemble, split puff pastry squares horizontally for a total of 18 squares. Set aside six tops. Place six of the remaining puff pastry pieces on individual serving plates. Spread about 1/4 cup pudding mixture over each pastry square. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and another piece of puff pastry. Spread remaining pudding mixture over pastry pieces. Top with remaining strawberries and reserved pastry tops.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer chocolate to a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a tiny corner from bag; squeeze chocolate over napoleons. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC