Easy Strawberry Ice
I came across this delightful dessert while looking for a simple recipe to get my daughter some experience in the kitchen. She loves this treat and asks to make it often.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish; cover and freeze for 2-1/2
- hours or until almost frozen.
- Spoon mixture into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return
- to the dish; cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. About 15
- minutes before serving, place dessert in the refrigerator to soften.
- Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 163 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.