Easy Squash Stuffing
"My friends just rave about this creamy side dish," reports Pamela Thorson of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It's a snap to jazz up summer squash, carrots and onion with canned soup and stuffing mix.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the
- vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow
- cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 349 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.