Easy Squash Stuffing Recipe
"My friends just rave about this creamy side dish," reports Pamela Thorson of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It's a snap to jazz up summer squash, carrots and onion with canned soup and stuffing mix.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- 2. Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 349 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Easy Squash Stuffing
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2012
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2008
"An ingredient is missing in thisrecipe: 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC