"My friends just rave about this creamy side dish," reports Pamela Thorson of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It's a snap to jazz up summer squash, carrots and onion with canned soup and stuffing mix.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Squash Stuffing Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p21
Reviews for Easy Squash Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review