"My friends just rave about this creamy side dish," reports Pamela Thorson of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It's a snap to jazz up summer squash, carrots and onion with canned soup and stuffing mix.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Squash Stuffing Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p21
Reviews for Easy Squash Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2012
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2008
"An ingredient is missing in thisrecipe: 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices."