Easy Squash Stuffing Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Squash Stuffing(6)
Sort By :
After making and serving this at a neighborhood dinner, everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. It was not only delicious, but so easy to make, utilizing the slow cooker. Easy, and no added heat to the kitchen in the summer.
We often use this as a holiday side dish. I typically add zucchini as well as the summer squash to add a bit more color. I have also added chicken (chopped, cooked) and baked to deliver as a "new mom" meal.
Too much to be a healthy side dished. I used a Healthy Request version of soup and low fat sour cream which cuts the calorie and fat counts!
An ingredient is missing in this
recipe: 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Stuffing Recipes >