Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes Recipe
“These delightful spiders are very tasty and easy to make. You can really let your imagination go wild with them!” Edie DeSpain - Logan, Utah
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Red or black shoestring licorice
- 48 milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, tint frosting orange; set aside 1 tablespoon. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Place one cookie on each cupcake.
- 3. For legs, cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each cupcake. Attach two M&M's to each cookie for eyes, using reserved frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC