Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Red or black shoestring licorice
- 48 milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, tint frosting orange; set aside 1 tablespoon. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Place one cookie on each cupcake.
- 3. For legs, cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each cupcake. Attach two M&M's to each cookie for eyes, using reserved frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes
"A big hit for my son's school Halloween party! Oreos did not hold up well, they became soggy and gummy - these need to be consumed within 24 hours of making."
"My niece love theses I also crushed up Orero's n made dirt with a gummy worm."
"This was such a fun thing to make! Very easy and the kids (and adults) loved them!!"
"Made these for my sons class party. All of the kids loved them! Will definately make again and again."