“These delightful spiders are very tasty and easy to make. You can really let your imagination go wild with them!” Edie DeSpain - Logan, Utah
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Red or black shoestring licorice
- 48 milk chocolate M&M's
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, tint frosting orange; set aside 1 tablespoon. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Place one cookie on each cupcake.
- For legs, cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each cupcake. Attach two M&M's to each cookie for eyes, using reserved frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spooky Spider Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p14
Reviews for Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review