This soup is filling and easy to prepare. It makes a fresh-tasting and satisfying first course or light meal in itself.—Karen Rago, Bristol, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add the tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Soup in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p8
Reviews for Easy Spinach Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"My daughter and I love this recipe. It is simple to make and is quite delicious. We always make double or triple batches because everyone loves it. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"