- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 5 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- Drain peaches and apricots, reserving juice. Set fruit aside. Place allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and reserved juice. Add spice bag and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Discard spice bag and cinnamon. Add the pineapple, peaches and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Fruit Compote in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p14
Reviews for Easy Spiced Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review