Easy Spanish Rice
“I came up with this recipe trying to replace a microwave Spanish rice. This quick recipe has fewer calories and less sodium!”
Susan LeBrun - Sulphur, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 1 cup picante sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in rice and sauce
- mix. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in picante sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 217 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,905 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.