Cynthia Wise of Mineral City, Ohio, writes, "My husband and I really like this hearty main dish. It's quick and easy, and I always have the ingredients on hand."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/4 pound reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water
- and spaghetti; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Add process cheese; stir until
- melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 570 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 2,115 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 43 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now