Oregano adds Italian-style flavor to this traditional dish from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut.
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a small bowl; stir in the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder. Shape into three meatballs.
- In large skillet, cook meatballs in oil until browned on all sides and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add spaghetti sauce and meatballs; heat through. Drain spaghetti; serve with meatballs and sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Spaghetti and Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p53
Reviews for Easy Spaghetti with Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2016
"Very good. I cooked this recipe as written."