Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce or 1-1/2 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble the meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3 each: 388 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1503mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
"This recipe is quick and easy, two of my favorite things:) My family doesn't care for sausage so I used 1/2 pound of ground beef instead."
"This really is simple and easy to make - perfect for 2 people. I don't like sausage and I make my own bread crumbs (gotta use that stale bread for something) so I use 1/2 pound of ground beef and add 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Thanks for posting this David!"
"very good and easy to make. i add some garlic salt to them as well and it went over awesome with everyone! will for sure make them again."
"These were nice and easy and made a great quick dinner. I only had beef so I used that, but next time I'm going to try with the sausage and add some garlic and a few fresh herbs."
"The whole family loved it! Thank you so much for sharing :o)"
"Thenk you for sharing this recipe!! It's is an absolute lifesaver!!"
"I made this with only ground beef and cooked it in the slow cooker and was great!Madelin"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.