WHEN I was a teenager, I cooked dinner every night for our family of four...Mom, Dad, Grandmother, who lived next door, and myself. Through the years, I have modified and changed this recipe for two people to better fit our tastes. That's one of the great things about this dish. It's easy to do just that! -David Stierheim, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce or 1-1/2 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble the meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti and Meatballs in Reminisce May/June 1997, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review