Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce or 1-1/2 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble the meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sort By :
This really is simple and easy to make - perfect for 2 people. I don't like sausage and I make my own bread crumbs (gotta use that stale bread for something) so I use 1/2 pound of ground beef and add 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Thanks for posting this David!
very good and easy to make. i add some garlic salt to them as well and it went over awesome with everyone! will for sure make them again.
These were nice and easy and made a great quick dinner. I only had beef so I used that, but next time I'm going to try with the sausage and add some garlic and a few fresh herbs.
The whole family loved it! Thank you so much for sharing :o)
Thenk you for sharing this recipe!! It's is an absolute lifesaver!!