Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and seasonings. Gently stir into tomato mixture.
- 2. Place romaine on tortillas; top with filling. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Cut each in half. Yield: 6 servings.
2 halves: 295 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
"This was good for a quick mid-week meal. The shallots were a little strong for me. I was missing cheese in this so I added just a bit before I wrapped them up."
"This was really good, and pretty quick to make. I left out the jalapeno since my son was eating it, but I bet it would be even better with it included. I added a little over a pound of chicken by cutting it up into bite-sized pieces, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and then just cooking it in a pan. To compensate for that added ingredients, I doubled the sauce and spices and it was just the right amount of coating."
"These were delicious and my husband said this has to be a regular from now on. I think this would be good with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream."
"I was looking for a quick tasty lunch. This hit the spot!! Taste Of Home never let's me down."
"Cooked several times already. Love it."
"Really good lunch. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream & added mexican blend cheese to wrap."
"Great tasting even without the rice. I didn't have cilantro which I think would have made it even better. For the kids sake I did not use jalapeno. Roma tomatoes are less juicy so I used those and left out the rice for a quick toss together for a meal. We all loved it! Definetly would make again with all the ingredients!"