Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and seasonings. Gently stir into tomato mixture.
- 2. Place romaine on tortillas; top with filling. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Cut each in half. Yield: 6 servings.
2 halves: 295 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
"This was really good, and pretty quick to make. I left out the jalapeno since my son was eating it, but I bet it would be even better with it included. I added a little over a pound of chicken by cutting it up into bite-sized pieces, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, and then just cooking it in a pan. To compensate for that added ingredients, I doubled the sauce and spices and it was just the right amount of coating."
"These were delicious and my husband said this has to be a regular from now on. I think this would be good with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream."
"I was looking for a quick tasty lunch. This hit the spot!! Taste Of Home never let's me down."
"Cooked several times already. Love it."
"Really good lunch. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream & added mexican blend cheese to wrap."
"Great tasting even without the rice. I didn't have cilantro which I think would have made it even better. For the kids sake I did not use jalapeno. Roma tomatoes are less juicy so I used those and left out the rice for a quick toss together for a meal. We all loved it! Definetly would make again with all the ingredients!"