Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and seasonings. Gently stir into tomato mixture.
- Place romaine on tortillas; top with filling. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Cut each in half. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
Sort By :
These were delicious and my husband said this has to be a regular from now on. I think this would be good with plain yogurt in place of the sour cream.
I was looking for a quick tasty lunch. This hit the spot!! Taste Of Home never let's me down.
Cooked several times already. Love it.
Really good lunch. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream & added mexican blend cheese to wrap.
Great tasting even without the rice. I didn't have cilantro which I think would have made it even better. For the kids sake I did not use jalapeno. Roma tomatoes are less juicy so I used those and left out the rice for a quick toss together for a meal. We all loved it! Definetly would make again with all the ingredients!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Sandwich Recipes >