Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
This is the first recipe I've ever devised in its entirety. I like it a little spicy, but it can easily be modified to suit anyone's tastes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-2/3 cups water
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato paste and broth. Add remaining
- ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium beef broth and salt-free tomato paste) equals 224 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.